Saturday, May 13, 2023, Victoria, BC
Online Registration for 2023 is CLOSED
Thanks for coming – see you in 2024
2023 Events – 100K ACU National Road Championships, 50 Miles, 50K ACU National Road Championships and a 40K Walk
- 2023 –2023 Elk/Beaver Ultras Results ◊ Splits ◊ Report ◊ Photos ◊ Story
- 2022 – Results ◊ Splits ◊ Report ◊ Photos ◊ Story
- 2021 – Results ◊ Splits ◊ Report ◊ Photos
- 2019 Results
- 2019 Lap Times
- 2018 Results
- 2018 Lap Times
- 2017 Results
- 2017 Lap Times
- 2017 Photos
- 2017 Report
- 2016 Photos
Prairie Inn Harriers running club is pleased to present the 36th Annual Harriers 2:18 Run Elk/Beaver Ultras.
The fast and flat 10 kilometer trail circuit around Elk and Beaver Lakes is considered as one of the premiere races of its type in North America. Runners complete 10 laps for the 100K division, 8+ laps for 50 Miles and 5 laps for 50K while walkers complete 4 laps for 40K. The course is all trails, very flat, has good footing, and is in excellent condition, definitely a runner-friendly, P.R. type of course!
Many North American open and age class records have been set at the Elk/Beaver race including the Andy Jones 100K course record of 6:46:09 and Ray Piva’s North American M70 record of 10:49:41 both set in 1997. In 2000 Lori Bowden set an open women’s 50K Canadian Record of 3:34:18 while Jim Swadling has established four 50K Canadian age class records at E/B, M50 – 3:26:20 in 2000, M55 – 3:32:39 in 2003, M65 – 3:51:44 in 2012 and M70 - 4:17:15 in 2017. In 2010 Ellie Greenwood won the E/B 100K race outright and, in doing so, she set a trail World Record of 7:36:40 for open women. Keith Wakelin set a 50 Mile Canadian M60 age category record of 7:43:57 in 2019. In 2021 Andrew Russell set the current 50K course record of 3:13:13 and Alice Dean set the current 40K Walk record of 4:59:41. The Elk/Beaver race in Victoria has seen 10 Canadian Age Category Records set since the first race in 1986, more records than any other city in Canada.
The race attracts some of the most high performance ultramarathoners in Canada and the United States. It is an excellent qualifier for 100 Mile events. The course is accurately-measured with a Jones Counter and certified splits are available every 10 kilometers. You will not find a flatter trail ultra anywhere in Canada - definitely P.R. material! You'll receive great organization, support, hospitality and race services at the event.
The course will be open at 5:00 am and the event begins at 6:00 am sharp for all runners and walkers.
6:00 pm - All runners and walkers must finish in 12 hours or less.
- 100 Kilometres - Certified, accurately measured (10 laps).
- 50 Miles - Certified, accurately measured (8 laps plus 470 metres before Lap 1).
- 50 Kilometres - Certified, accurately measured (5 laps).
- 40 Kilometres, Walking Division only - Certified, accurately measured (4 laps).
The Start/Finish for 2023 will be at the south end of Beaver Lake. (Covered picnic area near filter beds and washrooms) Elk/Beaver Lake Park is approximately 10 kilometers north of downtown Victoria and 20 kilometers south of the Victoria airport and ferry terminal. Easy access to the Start/Finish area and good parking is available.
- Online Registration for 2023 is now Open. https://raceroster.com/events/2023/71296/36th-annual-harriers-218-run-elkbeaver-ultras
- Registrations will be accepted by mail up to one week before race day. Day-of-race entrants will only be accepted should entry limit not be reached.
The first 200 entries will be accepted. High performance or far-traveled athletes will receive special consideration.
ACU events do not permit pacers, and the ACU follows the same rules as the IAU which in turn follows the rules of the IAAF. See IAU technical guidelines, article 3.41.
- $75.00 for all divisions.
- $125.00 for Day-of-Race procrastinators (all distances). No t-shirt, no excuses, no whining, you’re late!
Volunteers! We love our volunteers!
All volunteers will receive a free souvenir garment, and all the free food, drinks, and a best seat to watch some of the best endurance athletes around. If you are interested in volunteering please consider registering on the main registration web site where shifts are available or email the Race Director.
Open Men (20-39), Open Women (20-39), Master Men (40+), Master Women (40+).
Water at 4 locations on the course, washrooms at 5 locations, sheltered clothing drop, food, electrolyte drinks and water at the Start/Finish area and approximately half way on the 10K loop. Fruit and cookies supplied, bring your own personal drinks and energy food.
Medix Ambulance Service will be on site and will be available for the duration of the race.
Trophies for top male and female in all competitive divisions. Finishers’ medals will be given to all finishers.
An attractive souvenir garment with the race logo for the first 60 registrants.
Pre-race package pick-up will take place on Friday, May 12 in the afternoon from 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm at the 2:18Run store, 1576 Fairfield Road, and in the evening from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Elk Lake Inn on Elk Lake Drive. For late arrivals, you can pick up your race package at the Start Line between 4:00 am and 6:00 am on race morning.
Detailed computer results will be posted on this Race Page immediately after the race. The following files provide a historic list of results, lap times and race reports for all Elk/Beaver Ultras.
- 2023 - Results - Splits
- 2022 - Results - Splits
- 2021 - Results - Splits
- 2019 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2018 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2017 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2016 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2015 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2014 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2013 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2012 - - - Report
- 2011 - - - Report
- 2010 - - -
- 2009 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2008 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2007 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2006 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2005 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2004 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2003 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2002 - - Splits - Report
- 2001 - - -
- 2000 - Results - -
- 1999 - Results
- 1998 - Results - - Report
- 1997 - - -
- 2023 Elk/Beaver Race Results by Bob Reid
- 2022 Elk/Beaver Lap Times by Bob Reid
- 2022 Elk/Beaver Photos by Joseph Camilleri
- 2022 Elk/Beaver Story on Athletic Illustrated by Christopher Kelsall
- 2021 Elk/Beaver Race Results by Bob Reid
- 2021 Elk/Beaver Lap Times by Darcy Kernel and Christine Thate
- 2021 Elk/Beaver Photo Album by Joseph Camilleri
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Race Results by Bob Reid
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Lap Times by Martha McNeely
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Photo Album by Joseph Camilleri
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Race Report by Darcy Kernel