Saturday, November 21, 2020
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. SHARP
Online Registration closes at midnight on Thursday, November 19.
You can still register in person at package pickup, cash or cheque only please.
- Online Registration is NOW CLOSED
- 2019 Gunner Shaw - Printable ENTRY FORM
- 2019 Gunner Shaw Classic - COURSE MAP
- 2017 Gunner Shaw Race Photos by Joseph Camilleri
- B&W Gunner Shaw Video by Gerry Etcheverry | Same Video in Colour
- Gunner Shaw The Man - A Tribute by Andre Gerard - 1984
- Complete List of Gunner Shaw Race Winners by Bob Reid
- Gunner Shaw LGRR's Cross Country Race in Vancouver
Main beach, Thetis Lake Park, Victoria BC, at the end of Six Mile Road.
Approximately 10 Kilometres. This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
All trails, many tough hills, rocky, rough, and always wet – an autumn classic cross country race.
Great race course with roots, rocks, stumps, puddles, branches, boulders - no whining! Six significant hills and three significant puddles, all named along the course from Puddle No. 1, Bellamy Bitch, to Hill No. 3, The McKenzie Monster, to Hill No. 6, Big Bugger to Puddle No. 3, The Shoe Wash.
Special Event Shirts
Race shirts will be distributed to the first 100 runners that pick up their race package on Friday at 2:18 Run in the Fairfield Plaza between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm. There is no guarantee that shirts will be available if you pick up your package on race day at Thetis Lake Park.
Please preregister online or by mail before the early deadline of September 30, 2020. Day-of-race entries will only be accepted at the Start Line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit has not been reached. There will be NO day-of-race entries accepted once registration reaches 600. Don’t be disappointed register early. Note: Online registrations close at midnight on November 19, 2020.
- Friday, Nov. 20, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., 2:18 Run Store, 1576 Fairfield Road, Victoria, BC. Shirts to the first 100 runners who pick up their package at 2:18 Run.
- Saturday, Nov. 21, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thetis Lake Park, finish line at the main beach. Shirts may not be available at Thetis Lake Park.
- $ 30.00 Early registration fee if received by mail or online before October 1, 2020.
- $ 35.00 Late registration fee received from October 1 to November 20, 2020.
- $ 45.00 Day-of-Race, very late fee for procrastinators registering at the start line package pick-up on November 21, 2020.
A maximum limit of 600 entries will be accepted for this race. No exceptions.
All race proceeds will be directed to Harriers Foundation projects. To date the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club has raised over $365,000 towards Foundation projects in Greater Victoria including seven major scholarships and bursaries at the University of Victoria and Camosun College. Several club members have passed away and scholarships/bursaries have been initiated as a tribute for Bruce "Gunner" Shaw, John Thipthorpe, Susan Reid, Arthur Taylor, Rosamund Dashwood, Ken Smythe and Sandy Auburn.
- M19 (Men under-20)
- M20 (Men 20-29)
- M30 (Men 30-39)
- M40 (Men 40-49)
- M50 (Men 50-59)
- M60 (Men 60-plus)
- F19 (Women under-20)
- F20 (Women 20-29)
- F30 (Women 30-39)
- F40 (Women 40-49)
- F50 (Women 50-59)
- F60 (Women 60-plus)
The Prairie Inn Harriers will compete in an Inter-Club Challenge with Vancouver's Lions Gate Road Runners, two of the oldest and well established running clubs in British Columbia.
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at the finish line immediately after the last runner completes the course, at approximately 2:15 p.m.
There will be limited food and fluid at the finish. Please be prepared by bringing your own refreshments and a dry, warm change of clothes. Hot chocolate, tomato and chicken soup will be available as well as cookies, candies and fruit.
Physiotherapy and massage will be available to all participants following the race in the main tent. Services are provided by the experienced and knowledgeable staff from Saanich Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic.
Complete results will be available and posted on this website on race day.
After Race at Six Mile
Join us for a burger, beer and a few laughs as you relive your Gunner Shaw Classic experience with friends!