Saturday, November 25, 2023
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. SHARP
- Online Registration for 2023 is OPEN
- 2022 overall race results and photos
- 2021 Gunner Shaw Classic - COURSE MAP
- B&W Gunner Shaw Video by Gerry Etcheverry | Same Video in Colour
- Gunner Shaw The Man - A Tribute by Andre Gerard - 1984
- https://pih.bc.ca/news/208-The-Gunner-Shaw-Story - A Tribute to Gunner by Bob Reid
- Complete List of Gunner Shaw Race Winners
- Gunner Shaw LGRR's Cross Country Race in Vancouver
Main beach, Thetis Lake Park, Victoria BC, at the end of Six Mile Road.
Approximately 10 Kilometres. This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
All trails, many tough hills, rocky, rough, and always wet – an autumn classic cross country race. Bring a dry, warm change of clothes.
Great race course with roots, rocks, stumps, puddles, branches, boulders - no whining! Six significant hills and three significant puddles, all named along the course from Puddle #1 Bellamy Bitch, to Hill #3 The McKenzie Monster, to Hill #6 Big Bugger to Puddle #3 The Shoe Wash.
Please pre-register online or by mail before the early deadline of Friday October 27, 2023. Day-of-race entries will only be accepted at the Start Line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit has not been reached. There will be NO day-of-race entries accepted once registration reaches 600. Don’t be disappointed register early. Note: Regular online registrations closes mid-day on Friday, November 24, 2023.
- Saturday, Nov. 25, 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Thetis Lake Park, finish line at the main beach.
- $ 30.00 Early registration fee if received by mail or online by Friday October 27, 2023.
- $ 40.00 Regular registration fee from then to mid-day Friday November 24, 2023.
- $ 50.00 Day-of-Race, very late fee for procrastinators registering at the start line package pick-up on Saturday November 25, 2023.
A maximum limit of 600 entries will be accepted for this race. No exceptions.
All race proceeds will be directed to Harriers Foundation projects. To date the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club has raised over $450,000 towards 130 Foundation projects in Greater Victoria including eight major scholarships and bursaries at the University of Victoria and Camosun College. Several club members have passed away and scholarships/bursaries have been initiated as a tribute for Bruce "Gunner" Shaw, John Thipthorpe, Susan Reid, Arthur Taylor, Rosamund Dashwood, Ken Smythe, Sandy Auburn and Alex Marshall.
Men and Women:
- Junior (under 20)
- Senior (20-39)
- Master (40-49)
- Veteran (50-59)
- Super Veteran (60+)
The Prairie Inn Harriers will compete in an Inter-Club Challenge with Vancouver's Lions Gate Road Runners, two of the oldest and well established running clubs in British Columbia.
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at the finish line immediately after the last runner completes the course, at approximately 2:15 p.m.
TBC Hot chocolate, soup, cookies, fruit and more at the finish. Grilled cheese sandwiches for 2022!
- 2022: Overall Race Results by Gary Duncan ◊ Photo Album by Joseph Camilerri
- 2021: Official Race Results by Patrick Burnham on Webscorer ◊ Photo Album by Joseph Camilleri ◊ Race Report by Christopher Kelsall
- 2019: Official Race Results by Mark Nelson of RaceDay Timing ◊ Photo Album by Joseph Camilleri ◊ Gunner Shaw Sweep's Race Report
- Fond Memories - 2010 Gunner Shaw in the Snow by Gerry Etcheverry
After Race Gathering
Gather at the nearby Six Mile Inn for a burger, a beer and a few laughs as you relive your Gunner Shaw Classic experience today with friends!