Remembrance Day, Saturday, November 11, 2023
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. SHARP
Online registration for 2023 is CLOSED – see you in 2024
- 2023 overall race results pdf & txt by Gary Duncan
- 2020 Thetis Lake Relay - Printable Entry Form
- Thetis Lake Relay Course Map
- Remember when: 2010 Race Video, 2014 Race Video, 2014 Photos by Andrew Pape-Salmon, 2017 Race Video
2:18 Run Corporation, in conjunction with Victoria's Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club, is pleased to host the Harriers Thetis Lake 20K Relay. This popular trail relay, always held on Remembrance Day, is a good tune up for the Harriers Gunner Shaw 10K Classic on Saturday November 25, 2023 and the Harriers Stewart Mountain Challenge on Sunday December 10, 2023. Schools, clubs, recreation centres, running clinics, families, competitive and recreational runners of all paces are welcome to join the fun at Thetis Lake Park.
Main beach, Thetis Lake Park, Victoria, BC.
Park in the main lot at the end of Six Mile Road, or cycle the Galloping Goose trail and park at the beach.
4 laps of approximately 5 kilometres each. The event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
Teams of 4 members each complete one nominal 5K sequential clockwise lap of Upper and Lower Thetis Lake along the main trail. There is a mass start from the road of the first member from each team, and an exchange zone on the main beach to tag the next member. Teams with fewer members can continue or alternate laps to complete the four. Solo teams are half price.
- Junior (All under 20) – Women, Men and Mixed
- Open (Any age) – Women, Men and Mixed
- Master (All 40+) – Women, Men and Mixed
- Veteran (All 50+) – Women, Men and Mixed
- Super Veteran (All 60+) – Women, Men and Mixed
- Dual – Women, Men and Mixed (two people)
- Solo – Women and Men
- Family (at least 3 laps from the same family or 2 laps from each of 2 families)
- Women teams must be all women
- Mixed teams must complete at least two laps by women
- Junior team members must be all under 20 years old
- Other age groups are determined by the youngest runner
Entry Fee – 2023
- Early $40 per team through Thursday October 5th
- Regular $60 per team through Thursday November 9th
- Late $75 per team race day and the day before
- Half price for solo teams, 25% off for dual teams
- Discounts for current paid-up members of the host Prairie Inn Harriers club
Please pre-register online, or by mail with a paper entry form. Do it early for the best rates. Note: regular online registration will close at 1pm Friday, November 10th, 2023 and you can edit all your team registration information until then. Day-of-race in-person registration at the beach is by cash or cheque only from 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 a.m. Overall limit of 150 teams.
Check-in on race day is at the main beach, between 11am and 12:45pm, to confirm team participants, details, running order and category. Each team will be handed a Timing Sheet to fill out during the event and hand-in after for results and draw prizes.
This a low-key fun yet competitive event. There are no race bibs or chip timing, just a race clock from which teams can self record the cumulative split time after each lap on a Team Timing Sheet and then on the Master Recording Boards. Individual lap times can also be recorded, with the interim cumulative total noted – time arithmetic is tricky, far easier to just read the split time from clock, but good to have lap times for verification.
Note to keep on schedule slower teams may be asked to start their final two together in which case some time arithmetic is required. Noting lap times here is appreciated to cross-check.
Runners can be on more than one team and can count individual laps for each, eg: a person can run the second lap for team A and the final lap for team B; or they can run the first lap for a family team then carry on to complete a solo. Again this may involve some arithmetic, with noting of lap times to cross-check appreciated.
TBC There will be limited food and fluid at the finish. Please be prepared by bringing your own refreshments and a dry, warm change of clothes. Hot chocolate and chicken soup will be available.
Awards and draw prizes will be available at the Finish Line at 3:00 pm. Rosettes and ribbons will be presented to the top 3 teams in all 22 divisions. There are also prizes for best team name, so be creative – the judge sometimes has a bent sense of humour.
Complete results will be available on the Prairie Inn Harriers website.
- 2023: Overall Results & txt by Gary Duncan
- 2022: Overall Results & txt by Gary Duncan
- 2021: Overall Results preliminary by Bob Reid ◊ Video compliments of Chris Kelsall of Athletics Illustrated
- 2019: Overall Results by Gary Duncan and Bob Reid ◊ Photos by Joseph Camilleri
- 2018: Overall Results by Gary Duncan and Bob Reid
- 2017: Overall ◊ Article ◊ Video ◊ Photos
- 2016: Overall Division
- 2015: Overall Division
- 2014: Overall Division
- Complete List of Thetis Lake Relay Race Winners