Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, and following recommendations by BC Health Officials about social distancing, Harriers Tuesday Night Workouts and Thetis Lake Saturday Morning trail runs will be SUSPENDED until they are safe to resume again. We will send a message to all club members when the group gathering cancellation is lifted by Health authorities. It doesn't mean that you should stop running solo as health and running experts claim that an outdoor, active lifestyle will boost your immune system and help fight the disease if you come in contact with someone who is affected. Be safe, protect your family, run often, stay positive, and we will be back together again when this terrible disease subsides. It is a serious worldwide concern.
2020 ACU 100K Canadian Championship, 50 Mile Ultramarathon, 50K Ultramarathon and Glenn Jaques 40K Ultra Walk
Saturday, May 9, 2020
NOTE: ALL RACES HAVE BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE - STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
2020 Online Registration is CLOSED
The Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club is pleased to present the 33rd Annual Harriers 2:18 Run Elk/Beaver Ultras. The fast and flat 10 kilometre trail circuit around Elk and Beaver Lakes is considered as one of the premiere races of its type in North America. Runners complete 10 laps for the 100K division, 8+ laps for 50 Miles and 5 laps for 50K while walkers complete 4 laps for 40K. The venue is all trails, very flat, has good footing, and is in excellent condition. It is definitely a runner-friendly, P.R. type of course!
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Race Results by Bob Reid
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Lap Times by Martha McNeely
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Photo Album by Joseph Camilleri
- 2019 Elk/Beaver Race Report by Darcy Kernel
Prairie Inn Harriers and 2:18 Run proudly present the fourth edition of the Harriers Bob Reid Magical Mile taking place on Labour Day, Monday, September 7, 2020 on a NEW race course using the E&N paved Rail Trail. This is Race #3 of the Victoria Mile Series including the Victoria Day Douglas Mile on May 18 directed by Cathy Noel and the Canada Day Lagoon Mile on July 1 directed by Chris Kelsall. Three different one-mile road races in three different locations on three different dates, taking place on three different Statutory Holidays with three different Race Directors in three different municipalities (Victoria, Colwood and View Royal) with two months between each race, a brand new must-do Series.
Course Map coming soon.
- Wed. Jan. 1 (New Years Day) – 24th annual Harriers Memorial 10K Run – Bob Reid, Race Director
- Sun. Jan. 12 – 41st annual Harriers Pioneer 8K (BC Road Race 8K Championships) – Jeff Beddoes, R.D.
- Sun. Mar. 15 - 3rd annual Another Brick in Nepal 10K and 5K - Randy Jones, R.D. Cancelled
- Sat. May 9 – 34th annual Harriers Elk/Beaver Ultras (Canadian 100K Championships) – Darcy Kernel, R.D. Cancelled
- Mon. May 18 (Victoria Day) - 2nd annual Victoria Day Douglas Mile (Leading May Day Parade) - Cathy Noel, R.D. Cancelled
- Wed. July 1 (Canada Day) -1st annual Colwood Canada Day Lagoon Mile (New event) - Chris Kelsall, R.D. Cancelled
- Mon. Sept. 7 (Labour Day) - 4th edition Harriers Bob Reid Magical Mile (New location) - Bob Reid, R.D.
- Sat. Oct. 24 - BC Cross Country Championships (PIH to host the event at Beaver Lake in 2020) - Bob Reid, R.D.
- Wed. Nov. 11 (Remembrance Day) – 24th annual Harriers Thetis Lake Cross Country 20K Relay – Bob Reid, R.D
- Sat. Nov. 21 – 36th Harriers Gunner Shaw 10K Cross Country Classic – Bob Reid, R.D.
- Sun. Dec. 6 – 17th annual Harriers Stewart Mountain 10/5 Mile Cross County Challenge – Gary Duncan, R.D.
- Sat. Dec. 26 (Boxing Day) – 22nd annual Harriers Boxing Day 10 Mile Handicap – Gary Duncan, R.D.
Group sessions SUSPENDED until further notice – you can still do on your own
5:15 pm Tuesdays — Weekly after-work interval workout using various local roads, parks, and trails. Every week is different and everyone is welcome. The faster runners will pick up slower runners on the final lap.
Meet at Cedar Hill Recreation Centre November through April, and at Mount Douglas, Beaver Lake or other locations May through September. Check the schedule for specific workouts.
Group sessions SUSPENDED until further notice – you're still welcome to run and explore the trails on your own
8 am Saturdays – Starting on Saturday, October 5, our meeting place is at the main parking lot of Thetis Lake Park at the end of Six Mile Road for the 7 cooler fall and winter months. We gather every Saturday throughout the year, meeting at 8:00 am, for one hour group runs with a social coffee or breakfast following the run at The Nest Cafe.
This is the classic Prairie Inn Harriers weekly social run with groups ranging from slow to moderate to fast. All runners, dogs and walkers are welcome. You don't have to be a club member to join in as there is no fee to participate. If you are unfamiliar with the park trails and want to learn them, Group Leaders are available for all paces. No one gets lost or left behind.